Sunday 18 August 2013

Where the hell are my Nerves?

Tomorrow is the D-day. In an ideal world I should be giving finishing touches to revision of the course. But this isn’t the ideal world, buddies. And in this less than ideal world, I am performing at less than minimum required efficiency. The strangest part about all this? I am not feeling anything, no fear, no stress, am totally numb. In the past before exams I used to be a bunch of nerves. A bunch of wrecked nerves to be precise. I would bounce off the walls. Preceding night I would have palpitations, breathlessness, and sensation of my insides screaming. Or I would laugh hysterically for no apparent reasons right before the exams, just like a mad man. People would avoid me before exams. Don’t know what happened. May be in all these years, just like an oil press squeezes out the last bit of oil from the raw materials, all such emotions have been squeezed out of me.

my emotions, may be???


And yeah the relief from cold was temporary. Its back but in milder form. There is a saying in medical fraternity. “if you treat common cold it lasts only for one week, but if you don’t treat it lasts for whole long seven days”. May be it is true, after all.  Tomorrow I go back to the wee little town where my college is to appear for my exam. Again it’s going to same thing. Those excruciating long three hours sitting over there and wondering what to do. Also tennis elbow of the right forearm is acting up again, right before my exams. Perfect timing. Talk about deja vu. And this will go one till Friday. And then again the painful mind numbing wait begins for the practical viva ,where I always feel naked standing in front of the examiners and the scene of hungry wolves descending on a hapless prey plays through my mind. I just mindlessly answer questions while my head screams just get over with this you people, will you, please, I beg you all. Believe me it’s almost like being a convict on a death row. I said almost. Anyways I sign of here. Take care, if I manage to survive this ordeal, see you next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment