Thursday 8 August 2013

The Ostrich refuses to go away........

So its Thursday today. Only eleven days left for my exams. And am still at the starting point, obviously those half hearted attempts to finish one or two topics doesn't count. Still it is zero, zilch etc. Now am getting scared. But  can’t get my ass to read. I am worse than pathetic. Every time I open my book to read events and people back at the college flash right before my eyes. I get all angry and disturbed and then shut the book and go off to sleep. Yeah right, sleep. That’s my defense mechanism. I really don’t know how I ended up doing that. My very close friend calls me ostrich for the same reason. Just the way it buries its head in sand till the storm is over.



I still have so much anger, so much resentment and pure toxic hatred inside of me that my books repel me. Actually all those students who failed were supposed to go and meet their department heads and join duties sooner or later. I came home with a leave for two days and never went back. It’s been more than three months. Planning to go and meet my head next week but still there are some people who I would never want to see. And I am pretty sure that my head of department wouldn't be pleased to see me either. He hates me. He hates me with all his gut. And I am totally clueless about it. For last six months I have been having nightmares involving him or some other professor from my department. Pretty depressing, huh, you must say. Well I have been dealing with that too. So that’s the reason why I still can’t study. And also it may have to do something with the fact that am lazy.
So enough with the study sorrows. Now about the fat fighting mission. Yesterday I did one and half hour of cardio coupled with exercises for abs.  Felt really refreshed. I love doing cardio. I know it is a boring shit and I also know that muscle workout is equally important for a faster weight loss and toning up a flabby body, but still I love the way I can push myself in cardio. I read somewhere on the internet, that an endomorph like me (that’s the body type I am supposed to have out of the three types) has better cardio endurance. So maybe that’s why.
After warm up walking on treadmill for 5 minutes, I ran for 8 minutes, walked for 2, ran again for 5 minutes, walked for 2 minutes, and then finally ran for 7 minutes before finally cooling off for 2 minutes. This was followed by 10 minutes of elliptical machine and stationary bike each. Rest of the time was filled in my floor exercises. Here is a link to those exercises. I swear they are effective. Abs Workout.
Thanks to +raz azren.
 Each day I push my boundaries. Woohoo. Something to cheer me up about.
This is great when you are trying to knock weight off your scales unless you come back home and gorge on 3 servings of lentils and yoghurt soup and 2 servings of trifle. As I have mentioned before I am not too much into this calorie counting thing, but I realize that this is way over what is called as normal. So in order to compensate for yesterday night I had only a bowl of muesli. Boring as hell, but had to eat it.

P.S. : the last pair of jeans that I bought before the last exams in February when I had got so fat that none of my old clothes fit, are now literally falling off me onto the floor if I don’t keep them hitched up with a belt. That’s the silver lining right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment