Sunday 18 August 2013

Deja Vu......

Finally a bit better. And that’s after whole day of guzzling cocktail of anti-histaminics and snorting corticosteroid up my damned nose. Benefit of being a licensed doctor, I can self medicate. Oh my God, does that make me a pharmaceutical drug junkie, or more specific anti-allergy one? All you lovely people don’t write me off as one please, actually those drugs did make me better. Though am a bit woozy still, but hey, no sleep. I guess over the last decade I may have turned immune to the side effects!!! My pharmacology professors would disagree, ha ha.

But there is no such thing as free lunch, with my physical health improving, the blue clouds started gathering around my head, but thank God they didn’t turn into a fully fledged tropical storm. I have been bobbing up and down in the river of misery kicking and thrashing with all my might. Finally managed to convince myself that, still nothing is lost. I will bounce back. Shine bright like a diamond, like that Barbados Babe Rihanna croons. I would have uploaded that song too in my inspirational video series but there is also mention of moonshine and molly in the lyrics and that against my principles. I absolutely do not promote alcohol and drugs, especially for people like me. That’s one of the two songs that I have been playing on loop since yesterday ; the other being Bridge of Light.

So with my nose and throat clearing up, settling into the reality was a bit difficult. Realize that only one day left for the exam. It’s the same story all over aging. And I really don’t want to screw it this time around. I need help. I guess, you all must be wondering what a whine he is. And a lazy ass. Why the hell he just can’t glue down his ass and open book and read like a normal person would do?  Even I am wondering the same. Well let me try to answer this. First thing, am not your average regular normal person. Never been. Since childhood. Since my kiddy days I have been this precocious kid but I was too lazy to be bothered to hone  any of my talents.  I was smart and intelligent, not just books wise, good looking, popular with opposite sex, had love hate relationship with teachers. You could see me anywhere in school, right from the front row in class to playground to detention. I was the good bad boy. But then I took everything for granted, specially my brains. After the unprecedented success in 10th grade board exams everything went downhill. Success went to my head.  In college my performance graph was exactly like a diagrammatic representation of alternating current (AC).  Reflected on my mood swings. I have always been this phoenix, rose from my own ashes only to fall again. Only this time I have fallen too far deep into an abyss.  During my residency days due to the constant mental trauma I just started hating everything around me. I lost interest in my own subject. I just hate to read. I hate to even to touch those books. Though I can proudly say that my practical knowledge in patient management was great. Finally I managed to somehow cram my way through those books before last exams. I passed theory but failed in practical exam. Ironical, eh? Cutting back to present, I just can’t force myself to touch these books again. Even if I manage to open and read them, something or the other comes up and reminds me of the wasted 4 years of my life which leaves me angry and sad. And I stop reading. Right now it’s exactly like what happened in the last prelim exams in February. Uncanny and scary. People might say twice bitten and still not shy. But nobody knows what crap goes on in my head. I feel like I am spiralling down the tunnel of doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment