Wednesday 28 August 2013

And the countdown begins.....

The practical is over!!! This makes me happy and sad. Actually more of a panic stricken than sad. The exam went ok. Now if they had to ask me steps of a some very hi-fi surgery which I won’t perform for at least next 5 years, then obviously I wouldn’t know the answer. Rest of the exam seemed more like a formality. All in all not bad, especially with the preparation I had put in. So that hurdle is crossed for now. Nothing stands between me and university exams now. And that’s where the panic, terror, fright creep in. Only 23 days left. How on this earth am I supposed to finish reading entire Surgery in that span of time. It’s time to gear up. Pick myself up, dust myself up and put myself back in the saddle. The war is on baby. No time for excuses, and none for my erratic moods either. Everything else will be placed on the back burner. And that includes the Fat Fighting and Lard Busting.  
Oh yeah that; I think or rather, now I feel that all that lard that I had busted off my body is slowly creeping back on to me when I am not watching (and that would be most of the time, at present). It’s so hard to resist the urge to stuff your face when you are bored or stressed out or just plain tired from whacking your brains out after studying. My mouth needs to move constantly while I study, sort of a big fat buffalo chewing cud. That’s a real pathetic comparison I must say. Just this evening drove mom down to D-mart for monthly grocery shopping. And I had to try real hard not to give into all those sugary, fatty delicious calories. Seriously. All I got myself was a packet of crackers, 6 maggi noodles (strictly for emergencies) and 2 packets instant soups. Instant soups, I know, are the henchmen of the bad foods, with all the sodium and other chemicals and shit. Still, the packet claimed to be the healthy thingy. Again, healthy my arse. But hey they are strictly for those midnight hunger pangs when I would be reading days and nights on an end (and yours truly sighs wistfully at the mention of this). That’s it. I didn’t add anything else that was edible to the shopping cart. See I can be a good boy. And for dinner today I had only boiled chickpeas with tamarind sauce, two servings (showing a little honesty).
So that’s it. From tomorrow it’s going to be only studies, studies and only studies along with being mindful of what and how much I stuff my gob with.

Here are  the pictures of the alleged timetable, an

umpteenth number in the last few months. But I wish and pray with all my heart that it’s the last one. Wish me luck. I hope I stick to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment