Sunday 25 August 2013

Hello everyone....

Hello everyone. I am back. I know, the exam got over on Friday and today is Sunday afternoon. My apologies.  As I have been harping time and again, the exams went quite well. No complaints there. So post exams I should have been euphoric, right? But wait. Just before the last exams started, ‘by chance’ I came to know that our final exams have been rescheduled; the new date is 20th September. Damn, not even a month left. It was like a kick in the crotch. For couple of minutes my mind went blank, somehow I regained myself and began the exam. And it wasn't just me. Rest others also said that its way too early, and that’s not fair. But then, when ever did I expect my institute to be fair.
Post exam I had some other plans for myself. But then I realized that I had left some documents back home needed to fill the university exam forms. So cancelling all the wonderful plans (already covered with the gloomy clouds of looming exams) left for home again. It was a wonderful drive back home. As we sped down the expressway, the fresh green countryside rolled by and rain drizzling all the while. It was beautiful and surreal. The sky was all covered with grey clouds and the sun was nowhere to be seen. It was cold, dark and wet; and yet I was loving it. I don’t know why. The soundtrack of Aashiqui 2 was playing on the stereo, and most of the songs of that movie are based on unrequited love, and the one, Sun raha hai na tu, could be applied to general distress in life ( a great song though).



Still, all this combined together had some sort of soothing effect over me. Despite the fact that the new exam date had already thrown all my great post-prelim plans into topsy turvy. One more bit of trivia – it was the same soundtrack on stereo, the last time I came home after the results were declared.

No comments:

Post a Comment