Monday 5 August 2013

Weighty Issues

Today reached the gym early because I had to return home for the evening prayers as today is the 27th night of Ramadan. As usual there was not much of a crowd at the gym but surprisingly there were more ladies today and more than 2/3rd of the treadmills were occupied. I decided that I would use treadmill today for half an hour and squeeze elliptical machine, stationary bike and abs workout in the rest 20 minutes. So as usual I scanned around to look for which of the treadmills had something nice going on over the personal television set. Yes, in my gym each treadmill has personal TV set mounted on the wall opposite to it. None of the channels were showing anything interesting, so I did what was the next step. Hunt for the master remote. So I walk up to this young lady and asked her if could borrow remote lying over her mill. I decided to use a treadmill one away from her but then realized if I changed channel it would change that girl’s channel too (that’s how they are wired, alternatively). So I finally hopped on to the next treadmill to her. As my luck would have it no interesting movie was on ( I prefer movie channels coz only they have the subtitles, otherwise it’s impossible to hear anything in gym with ear blasting techno-trance- house- lounge shit playing in the gym).  After I finished with the mill, I walked into the floor exercise room to find the same lady over there. It felt as if I was trailing her. So to feel less awkward I started chitchat with another young kid who walked in, and as if it was the cue the girl walked out. Whatever. I finished doing the abs and headed for the elliptical machine. And as I would have it there was only one machine free and as u guessed it right next to that girl!!! So I took a detour and started pacing up and down in the workout area in a hope she would get off. But no she wouldn't. So I finally got on the last machine and she got off and stomped off out of the gym. Did I leave an impression that I was deliberately following her or its just my mind again, racing up in totally wrong direction????

Anyways had a really fulfilling workout with 30 minutes of treadmill (first time ever) with 5 minutes of running followed by 2 minutes of walking,  5 minutes of elliptical machine, 5 minutes of stat bike and 2 sets of abs. Feeling good about myself.  
But when I came back home for dinner mom had cooked this amazing chicken gravy and I ended up having 5 rotis. So much for my half hour of treadmill. Still am losing weight gradually at steady rate so am not that worried right now. And honestly I can’t be bothered with the calorie and the portion counting stuff. All I do is to eat sensibly thinking what a normal person, unlike a glutton as yours truly, would eat. And I avoid processed foods at all costs. So there you go. It’s all home cooked nutritious food.

Regarding the studies front, no I still haven’t started reading. Feel like kicking myself in the ass for that.


Well as Scarlet O'Hara said “Tomorrow is another day”…….

No comments:

Post a Comment