Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 5

Huh. Just another sad day. Went off to sleep early and woke up early. Said my prayers, drank my coffee and then as usual went of to sleep. Finally started reading at around noon but that continued till 2 pm. Had a nap for two hours. Woke up and then sincerely studied till 6:30 pm when wifey dearest decided to give a sudden surprise visit. Tried reading despite of her being home, but couldn't. So gave up everything and ended up horsing around with darling daughter and wifey dearest. Had great time. It was as if the clouds of exam had lifted off and sunshine of happiness filled my world. But as they say, everything good has to come to an end. So wifey went off to sleep early, she was tired of travelling and having spent the last two nights sleepless in the Neonatal ICU monitoring and treating tiny little poor babies. I am so proud of her. She is a really great gal, and am really lucky to have her. And my little angel. The moment I look at her all my worries just melt away and before I realize I am grinning from ear to ear. Even my parents are absolutely crazy about her and dote on her. In fact she is closest to her grandma than anyone else. Oh, she is the cutest little girl in the world, of course she takes after her dad, yours truly, except for my eyes. She has her mother's eyes, big brown eyes with really long and beautifully curved lashes, touch wood ( though I wish she had green like mine). I think this the first time I am writing about my family in this much depth. Even my parents are great. In fact I am really lucky to have such a great family and should be thankful to God for it. I have really been blessed. I should quit focusing on what I don't have and be thankful and cherish for what I have. Being a surgeon, I have seen lots of people suffering terrible diseases, and believe me there is no better gift of God than a healthy body. I pray to God that am thankful for all the good things he has given me, and also to give me strength to tide over the current miseries in my life. Ameen.
Regarding the Fat Fighting Mission, as mentioned earlier, everything is on the back burner. Today brekkie and lunch were very much under control, but since wifey came home had a very delicious but heavy dinner whipped up by mom and a large bowl of  ice cream.  So there you go. And by the way, I have gained 4.5 Kg or for the american friends I am up by 9.9 that is almost 10 pounds. So the current weight is 94.5 Kg or 208.3 pounds. Back in the 200 from the magical 'onederland'. Sigh. But be positve. Everything will be fine. Aal is well, aal is well, aal is well...........

No comments:

Post a Comment